Here at Southside, we are committed to helping in every way to increase attendance during September’s Attendance Awareness Month.
Southside employees and SISD Education Foundation volunteers will have a table at the football game, and with the help of the Education Foundation donating some fun giveaways, we will be signing up kids to “Pledge to Attend.”
The goal is to increase awareness about how important it is to attend school during September’s Attendance Awareness Month and to increase attendance at Southside ISD.
The campaign at the table will consist of the following:
- Recruiting and encouraging students to take the “Pledge to Attend,” which includes either writing their name on a list,
- Holding a sign that says “I Pledge to Attend” and taking a pic, or taking a sign and holding it at the game.
- The Jumbotron crew and the announcer will also mention the Pledge and Ask students and parents to hold up their signs.
- Each student who does any of the above will win a chance to spin the wheel to win a prize.
- Prizes will be merch from the Foundation that consists of cups, bags, pencils, rulers…etc. Until supplies last
Research shows that committing to something on paper and in person can increase follow-through results by as much as 60 percent.