Southside ISD is committed to assisting our students, parents, and staff in their distance learning efforts during this unprecedented time of school closures. A tech support site has been set up to provide technology-relevant help to ensure a successful distance learning experience for all. Call: (210) 882-1626 or e-mail Tech Support.
MedCare powered by Wellvana Primary Care which operates the Southside ISD Susan Hall Community Health clinic wants parents, teachers, and the community to know its medical team remains available. Medcare says its staff is available for phone visits, medication refills, etc., despite the COVID-19 pandemic. Patients may call the clinic at (210) 201-2000 for any medical questions.
None of these offerings are endorsed by Southside ISD, but are simply options for you and your family to consider to help out with distance learning.
Grande will offer free internet and WiFi for 60 days to all qualifying low-income households who do not already subscribe to their internet service and who enroll in the Internet First program. Internet First is an affordable internet program designed to help families and students in low-income households to have reliable access to the internet. Additionally, Grande will not terminate service to any residential or business customer of their inability to pay their bills due to disruptions caused by COVID-19 and will also be waiving late fees.
AT&T is also offering free and reduced rates for the internet. Click here for more information. Remember some cell phone data plans like AT& T are temporarily waiving fees for wifi and hotspots on cell phones. Check with you provider for more information.
Spectrum customers can use free or discounted services too through their Charter Communications channel. To enroll, call 1-844-488-8395. Or for more information, click here.
In response to the virus, Comcast also announced it will be offering two months of free internet services to low-income households in its service areas.
- TEA Update: COVID-19 Initial Guidance and FAQs
- TEA Coronavirus (COVID-19) Guidance and FAQ
- Media Release – March 12 – English / Spanish
- Southside ISD: Letter from the Superintendent, February 27 – English / Spanish
- Southside ISD: Twitter / Facebook
- City of San Antonio Mayor’s March 8 update (Facebook) (Twitter)
- City of San Antonio COVID-19 Fact Sheet (English) (Spanish)
- City of San Antonio Reduce Your Risk (English) (Spanish)
- City of San Antonio COVID-19 Poster (English) (Spanish)
- Texas Department of State Health Services information on COVID-19 (English) (Spanish)
- CDC information on COVID-19 in the United States (English) (Spanish)
- CDC information on COVID-19 in Children (English)
- CDC travel advisories (English)