Important Dates in Southside ISD History
Total enrollment as of Fall 2019 was 5,898.
Total enrollment in 1983 was 2,143.
September 30, 1964 - Southside Rural High School became Southside Independent School District.
November 1, 1950 - The Board of Trustees convened for a special meeting to consider an order of annexation. The annexation of Positos Common School District No. 36-1/2 to Southside Consolidated Common School District No. 17 was up for consideration for the purpose of establishing and operating a rural high school. Thus, the name given to the new district was Southside Rural High School District No. 17 of Bexar County, Texas with a combined attendance of 450 students.
May 16, 1949 - Returns of the election were canvassed by Commission's Court of Bexar County and Southside Consolidated Common School District No. 17 was created.
May 14, 1949 - Common School Districts voted in separate elections in favor of consolidation of the school districts to create Southside Consolidated Common School District No. 17
April 17, 1909 - Common School Districts Barrigo Common No. 17, Oakley Common No. 36, Buena Vista Common No. 37, Thelma Common No. 38, and Positos Common No. 36-1/2, 37 and 38 were originally formed by the Commissioner's Court.