Mission: Southside Independent School District is committed to providing you and your eligible dependents with high quality, affordable benefit selections to support your health and well-being.
Eligibility: All benefits-eligible employees choosing to enroll in benefits must make their elections within 31 days of their date of hire to be effective the first of the month following the date of hire. Please contact the Employee Benefits Office to verify your eligibility for benefits.
During The Year Changes to Your Benefits:
Due to IRS regulations, if you choose to pay your portion of the medical, dental, vision, FSA, HSA, dependent care, and/or GAP plan premiums on a pre- tax basis, once you have made your elections for the plan year, you cannot change your benefits until the annual open enrollment period. The only exception is if you experience a qualifying life event. Election changes must be consistent with your life event. To request a benefits change, you must notify the Employee Benefits Office within 30 calendar days of the qualifying life event and provide proof of the change such as a marriage or birth certificate. Change requests submitted after 30 days cannot be accepted.
Qualifying life events include, but are not limited to:
- Marriage, divorce, or legal separation
- Birth or adoption of an eligible child
- Death of your spouse or covered child
- Loss of your spouse’s or child’s benefits elsewhere
- Change in your spouse’s or child’s work status that affects his or her benefits eligibility (resulting in a loss of benefits)
- Change in your child’s benefits eligibility status (e.g., dependent child exceeds the maximum age for coverage; you may only drop the child from coverage as a result)
- Qualified Medical Child Support Order
- Enrollment in, or change in eligibility for, Medicare or Medicaid