The UIL Legislative Council has approved the following for the 2020-2021 school year only, you will not need a new physical if you had a current physical on file with Southside High School, J.L.Matthey and Losoya Middle School from the 2019-2020 school year. If you as a parent would prefer your child to have a new physical for this year you may visit your family physician and submit a new physical along with completing online Rank One forms.
Who needs to get a new physical?
- Incoming 7th and 9th graders
- New participants/athletes that did not have a current physical on file from the 2019-2020 school year.
- A participant/athlete that answers “Yes” to any of the questions #1-6 on the Medical History Form will require a student to receive a further medical evaluation, which may include a physical exam, and will need to receive written clearance from a treating physician, physician assistant, chiropractor, or nurse practitioner before any participation.
- Return form to Southside High School designated Coach during Strength and conditioning camp. Southside Athletic Trainers during posted summer office hours, or during equipment pickup or the first day of the fall season workout.
Students with a physical on file with Southside High School, (Incoming 10th-12th grade from 2019-2020 school year) J.L.Matthey and Losoya Middle Schools (incoming 8th grade) will need to do the following:
- Complete Medical History Form (page 1 of the yellow physical form)
- Return form to Southside High School designated Coach during Strength and conditioning camp. Southside Athletic Trainers Only during equipment pickup or the first day of the fall season workout. The athlete/participant will receive a receipt upon turning in a form.
- Return form to J.L. Matthey or Losyoa Middle School Designated Coach Only.
(DO NOT turn the form into a campus administrative front office, counseling office, or slide under office doors. This does not guarantee forms will be received.)
2. Obtain a hard copy or download the current 2020-2021 Athletic Participation Packet
- Medical History Form/Physical Form
- Student Information/Travel Sheet
- UIL Athletic Participation Form
Forms will be handed out the first week of Strength and Condition Camp
3. Complete Online Forms –
Checkout the QR Code on the Medical History Form it will take you to the Online forms!
We encourage you to go paperless help keep track of electronic forms.
If you need help with online forms, questions about physicals that are on file contact High School Athletic Trainers during posted summer hours
Southside Athletic Trainers Posted Summer Office Hours
Wednesday June 10th 8 am – 10 am
Monday 8 am-10 am June 15th, June 22nd, June 29th, July 13th Wednesday 8 am-10 am June 10, June 17, June 24, July 1st, July 15th
*These Times are subject to change.
*You are encouraged to contact us by office phone, or email.
Erin Vincent LAT, Head Athletic Trainer Southside High School
Office# 210-882-1606 ext. 1532 firstname.lastname@example.org
Josh Young ATC/LAT Assistant Athletic Trainer Southside High School
Office# 210-882-1606 ext. 3198 email@example.com