On Sat. Dec. 23rd, NHS participated in the 25th annual HEB Feast of Families. NHS served over 10,000 meals that included ham, sides and dessert to needed families at the Henry B. Gonzales Convention Center downtown. This was the 2nd year NHS participated in this event, and from the feedback from many of the members, they plan to make it their own tradition, even after high school.
Southside High School dance program will be having a winter dance show on Wednesday December 6 from 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Please come out and support our Southside dance program. Admission is $5 in the Auditorium.
Southside’s NHS volunteered to pack can food items for the elderly and families in need at the SA Food Bank on Tuesday, Nov. 21, 2017. Students worked for about 3 hours preparing over 150 boxes to be delivered during the holiday seasons. This was a great experience for NHS members, as they were able to actively participate in this much needed cause.
In honor of Veterans Day: All Veterans and first responders can receive free entry into the Southside High School VS. Harlandale High School football game on Friday, November 3 at Southside High School Stadium. Just show your ID. Thank you for your service to our country and our community!
After the tragic events of Hurricane Harvey, Southside’s National Honor Society (NHS) came in contact with Houston’s ISD high school Sharpstown High School. Sharpstown High School was one of the schools most affected by Harvey, starting two weeks later than expected.
Southside’s NHS has started a collection drive in order to help bring a little relief to Sharptown.
Southside students participated in the 2017 SA HEAT Cupcake Battle where they presented their ideas and got to tour the downtown Marriott kitchens. The students had a lot of fun learning from the Executive Chef and are excited to try some new ideas.
Southside’s Cross Country teams did an amazing job at district this week. Girls XC came away as runner ups in district, and Boys XC were named district champs. Congratulations both teams!
Southside Mighty Cardinal Band competed Saturday 10/07/17 at the Southwest High School “Drums Along the Medina” marching contest. Another great performance from the band earned them 3rd place in their division.
Pictured: Colorguard captians Cecilia Casarez and Alex Guajardo,
Drum majors Caitlynn Partin and Crystal Gonzalez
Southside ISD is hosting The Junior Red Jacket Clinic Days this Tuesday October 10 thru Friday October 13. (Ages 4-12)
Registration: From Tuesday October 3 til Tuesday October 10 at Southside High School Dance Room from 4:00 – 6:00 PM. For more information contact Alexandria Medina at 882-1606 Ext. 3512
Tuesday October 10 – Thursday October 12 at Southside High School Dance Room from 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM. (snacks provided)
Friday October 13 @ Southside High School Football Game 6:00 PM to 8:30 PM
Need help with filling out a FAFSA application?
Wednesday, October 11,18, 25
8:00 AM – 12:00 PM Walk-Ins
1:00 PM – 8:00 PM (Appointments Only)
Location: Go Center
What do I need when I fill out the 2018-2019 FAFSA?
Here is a checklist for dependent students!
You should have the following information with you to fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- You Social Security number and your parents’ Social Security numbers (ITINs and SSNs issued for work only cannot be used on FAFSA)\
- If parents are married, know MM/YYYY of marriage. If separated/divorced, know MM/YYYY of separation/divorce.
- Dates of birth for you and your parents.
- Your email address and an email for one of your parents (to create a FSA ID Username and Passwords)
- Your drivers license number, if you have one
- Your Alien Registration Number if you are not a U.S. citizen
- 2016 IRS Income tax returns, including W-2’s for you and your parents.
*You may be able to use the DATA Retrieval Tool to retrieve and insert tax information electronically from the IRS into your FAFSA.
- Records of untaxed income, such as child support received or paid out, interest income, and veterans non-education benefits, for you and for your parents.
- Cash, savings, and checking account balances; worth of investments, including real estate (but not including the home in which you line); and business and farm assets for you and for your parents.