“Protecting Our Future”
The Southside ISD Police Department currently has twelve officers assigned to the department. And four support Security Officers and Secretary. The Chief and Sergeant oversee the department administration and operations. Nine officers assigned to every campus from elementary to high school. These officers have over 100 years of extensive, knowledge, training and experience dedicating it to the Southside ISD, students, administrators, staff, parents and community.
- Chief David Zaragoza #101Police DepartmentChief Of PoliceChief David Zaragoza is currently the Chief of Police for the Southside ISD Police Department and has over twenty years with the department. Chief has a Master Peace Officers Certificate and has extensive training, knowledge and experience that goes unsurpassed. During the establishment of the Southside ISD Police Department Chief was the second officer hired and has blazed the trail in the development of the department, into what it is today. With his dedication and leadership he has molded a school district police department that is unrevealed by other school district police departments. Chief dedicates his time and efforts to the development of a superior police department, and that of the students, administrators, staff and community.
- Sgt. Issac Martinez #102Police DepartmentSergeantSgt. Isaac Martinez is currently assigned to supervisory duties for the Southside ISD Police Department and has been with the police department for 3 years. Officer currently holds a Master Texas Peace Officer certificate, is an FTO, Firearms Instructor, Police Officer Instructor and mental health officer. Sgt. Has over thirty years of law enforcement experience serving in the US Coast Guard as an AVT (Aviation Survival Tech), MES (Maritime Enforcement Specialist) which include search and rescue swimmer, small boat operator and law enforcement. Officer has also served with the Bexar County Sheriff’s Office and US Border Patrol. Officer dedicates his training, experience and knowledge to the children of the Southside ISD community, our future. He often quotes “CRAFT LIFE, DON’T LET LIFE CRAFT YOU”
- Officer Rose Cosme-Ramirez #103Police DepartmentGallardo Elementary Police OfficerOfficer Rose Marie Ramirez began her Law Enforcement career in 2016. She is a graduate of The Alamo Area Council of Governments Regional Law Enforcement Academy. Officer Ramirez is currently assigned to the Pearce Primary Campus. Her objective is to act as a professional at all times with integrity, dignity, equality, and respect and to develop and empower all students to become exceptional and productive members of society. Officer Ramirez is an asset to the Southside ISD Police Department, school district, and community. She is dedicated to offer her knowledge, time, and experience to our most important consumers. “Our Children”
- Officer Macario Ramirez #104Police DepartmentPolice Patrol UnitOfficer Macario Ramirez has over 25 year’s law enforcement experience to include United Nations Police Mentoring missions and overseas police contract work. He has served in Kosovo, Marshall Island, Iraq and Afghanistan as a K9 handler. His mission and his K9 partner’s mission were to seek out explosives. He is currently assigned to the Southside ISD Police patrol unit. He is a certified peace officer, certified explosive detection dog handler, certified Texas police instructor, certified United Nations police instructor, certified firearms / tactical shotgun instructor and a certified Dare Officer. He dedicates this extensive knowledge, training and experience protecting our future, the children at Southside ISD.
- Officer Oscar Gonzalez #105Police DepartmentA.C.E.S. Police OfficerOfficer Oscar Gonzalez is currently assigned to the Aces 9th Grade Academy. He has been a Texas peace officer for nineteen years. He is also an armed forces veteran who served in the US Army during operation desert storm. Officer has served in a law enforcement capacity with the Texas Department of Corrections where he worked in Huntsville Texas, and later transferring to Dilley TX. He attended the Police academy in Uvalde, TX in 1995 while pursuing his associate’s degree in Criminal Justice. His law enforcement experience, knowledge and training have taken him to various departments municipal, city, county and state. His dedication to law enforcement, Southside ISD and community are unsurpassed.
- Officer John Vasquez #106Police DepartmentMatthey Middle School Police OfficerOfficer John Vasquez has been with the Southside ISD Police department since September 8th, 2014. Officer holds a Texas Peace Officers certification and is currently assigned to Matthey Middle School. Officer has experience, knowledge and training working with juveniles throughout Bexar County. He was previously employed with the Bexar County Juvenile Justice Academy as a Lead Teacher’s Assistant and Behavior Management Coordinator. His previous employment has enabled and prepared him to develop an excellent rapport with students at Matthey Middle School.
- Officer Scott Powell #108Police DepartmentSouthside HS Police OfficerOfficer Scott Powell has been employed with the Southside ISD Police Department for 12 years. He is currently assigned to Southside High School and is our Police Investigator and FTO. He is also the Police Explorer Instructor who has been successful in winning several State competition awards. He has 22 years’ experience in law enforcement, 4 years as Police Dispatcher / Reserve Officer and 18 as a full time Police Officer. Officer currently holds a Master Peace Officer Certificate. Officer Powell brings extensive experience and knowledge to the Southside ISD Police Department and Southside ISD. We are fortunate to have an officer with such a valuable amount of experience, knowledge and dedicated service.
- Officer Robert Ferdin #109Police DepartmentLosoya Intermediate Police OfficerOfficer Robert Ferdin is currently assigned to Losoya Intermediate. He began his law enforcement career in 2011 and currently holds an Intermediate Texas Peace Officer's license. Officer Ferdin has served with the Bexar County Sheriff's Office, Fugitive Apprehension Unit/Reserve Division and most recently the University of the Incarnate Word Police Department as a Patrol Corporal and shift supervisor. He is a certified School Resource Officer, certified Mental Health Officer and certified Sexual Assault and Family Violence Investigator. Officer Ferdin brings Law Enforcement training and leadership experience to Southside ISD Police Department and dedicated his duties to protecting our future and giving every child a since of belonging.
- Officer Ruben Cardenas #110Police DepartmentFreedom Elementary Police OfficerOfficer Ruben Cardenas is currently assigned to Freedom Elementary Officer has a total of 23 years of Law Enforcement experience, 15 years in Corrections and 8 years in Policing. Officer Cardenas also served 8 years in the U.S. Army Reserves. He has had the opportunity to work numerous positions throughout his Law Enforcement career, including a total of 12 years in a supervisory role. Officer Cardenas is glad to be part of the Southside ISD family and Community. Officer Cardenas currently holds an Intermediate Peace Officer License.
- Officer Randall Sanders #111Police DepartmentHeritage Middle School Police OfficerOfficer Randall Sanders is no stranger to the Southside Independent School District. He is currently assigned to Heritage Middle School. A recent graduate of Southside High School, Officer Sanders went on to graduate from the University of Texas at San Antonio with a Bachelor’s of Arts Degree in Criminal Justice with a minor in Legal Studies. After graduation and studying abroad from the University Officer Sanders looked to give back to his community that molded him into the person he is today. Upon completion of the police academy Officer Sanders was hired at the Southside I.S.D Police Department to fulfill his dreams of making a difference in his own community and inspiring today’s youth.
- Officer Joe Garcia #112Police DepartmentSouthside HS Police OfficerOfficer Joe Garcia has been employed with the Southside ISD Police Department for three months. He has four years of law enforcement experience. Prior to Southside ISD He served as a patrol officer for Northside ISD Police Department and Our Lady of the Lake University. He is currently assigned to Southside High School. He currently holds a Peace Officer Certification and brings experience and knowledge to Southside ISD. He dedicates his training, knowledge and experience to Southside ISD. It’s a great day to be a cardinal.