The Open Enrollment period for Southside ISD staff for insurance and other benefits is set for August 1 – August 22. Benefit Informational Meetings will be held for all employees in August. Staff members will have the opportunity to learn about benefits and ask questions in preparation for benefit selections for the 2017-2018 plan year. Staff members may also do their own enrollment online through August 22, 2017 at www.mybenefitshub.com/southsideisd.
Click graphic to view details and instructions on how you can Enroll.
Avoid a Line and Enroll Online
Enroll By Phone – (866)-914-5202 or (866)-914-5204
Enroll In Person – 08/10/17 – 08/22/17 WEEKDAYS AT CENTRAL OFFICE from 8:30 A.M – 3:30 P.M
Look for these changes to your benefits:
- Medical Rate Increase
- New Emergency Medical Transportation Plan through MASA
- New Cancer plan through Humana
- New Carriers for your Disability and Life Insurance
- New Dental Carrier with lower rates
- TRS ActiveCare Medical Plans – TRS increases rates on all 3 plans. View the 2017-2018 Medical Plan Highlights with Monthly Rates. Special note: On Thursday, July 20, 2017, the Board approved an increase in the District contribution toward the medical premium. As a result, the ActiveCare 1 HD plan will remain free for employees.
- Emergency Medical Transportation – New! MASA provides medical emergency transportation solutions AND covers your out of pocket medical transport cost when your insurance falls short. MASA does not use a network so you are covered anywhere nationwide. The Emergent plan covers your family for $9.00/month.
- Cancer Policy – New! Humana Cancer plan. Cancer insurance offers you and your family supplemental insurance protection in the event you or a covered family member is diagnosed with cancer. Benefits are paid to you to help with medical and non-medical expenses associated with cancer treatment. This new plan is offered on a guaranteed issue basis.
- Flexible Spending Account – If you currently participate in a Healthcare or Dependent Care FSA, you MUST re-elect a new contribution amount every year to continue to participate. You can view account balance using the CHECK FSA link on the Benefit website or use the NBS smart phone app.
- Disability – Changing! The Hartford will be the disability carrier effective 09/01/2017 with the same rates and a 4 week pre-existing benefit with a 3 year rate guarantee.
- Voluntary Life Insurance – Changing! OneAmerica will be the Group Life carrier effective 09/01/2017 with the same rates and guarantee issues up to $250,000 for employee and $50,000 for spouse during this open enrollment only.
- Dental – Changing! Cigna will be the dental carrier effective 09/01/2017 with lower rates and the same benefits.
View details and instructions on how enroll online, by phone or in person by viewing the 2017 Southside Open Enrollment Brochure.