What is Diabetes?
The following information is for teachers, parents and students on how to manage diabetes in the school setting. Some items included are videos on what diabetes is, how to manage diabetes in school and off-campus, and how to use emergency medications. Forms needed for school can be found under Health Services section in “All School Health Forms” tab or in the QuickLinks on the right side of this page. Please see the school nurse for further information regarding the individualized care of each student.
- What is Diabetes? website
- Safe at School: Diabetes Basics video
- Safe at School: Legal Considerations video
- Safe at School: Diabetes Medical Management Plan video
- Safe at School: Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) video
- Safe at School: Hyperglycemia (high blood sugar) video
- Safe at School: Blood Glucose Monitoring video
- Safe at School: Glucagon Emergency Medication video
- Safe at School: Insulin Basics video
- Safe at School: Insulin Pumps, Insulin Pens, Insulin using vials and syringe videos
- Safe at School: Nutrition and Physical Activity video
- Helping the Student with Diabetes Succeed
- Section 504 Plan for students with diabetes