Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Federal and State Programs are part of the Southside Independent School District Curriculum and Instruction Department. Applications and compliance reports for federal and state entitlements are reviewed, monitored and processed through this department. Resources and services are provided to improve student academic achievement, targeting the whole school in meeting the needs of students who may be at risk of not meeting state academic standards.
Resources and services are as follows:
- Title I, Part A Improving Basic Programs
- Title I School Improvement Program Title I, Part C Migrant
- Title II, Part A Teacher & Principal -Training & Recruiting
- Title III, Part A Limited English Proficient
- Title IV, Part A Student Support and Academic Enrichment
- Title VI Rural and Low-Income School Program
- Accelerated Reading Instruction/Accelerated Math Instruction
- McKinney Vento Services
- Optional Extended Year Program (OEYP)
- State Compensatory Education
- State Bilingual/ESL Education
Welcome to Federal & State Programs
SISD accepts Title III funds. Under section 3116 (c) of Title III, Part A, a Title III funded LEA must ensure that all teachers in a language instruction educational program for ELL students are fluent in English and any other language used for instruction, including oral and written fluency. SISD follows Title III guidelines for teacher fluency.