Additional Days School Year (ADSY)
In June 2019, the passage of House Bill 3 by the 86th Texas Legislature added half-day formula funding for school systems that add up to 30 instructional days to any of their elementary schools starting in the 2020-2021 school year. This initiative is called Additional Days School Year (ADSY). Funding for ADSY is available to campuses that meet the requirements below.
Campuses eligible for ADSY funding must:
- Serve at least one grade level within grades PreK-5th grade
- Have a campus academic calendar with at least 180 instructional days
- Have a campus academic calendar with at least 75,600 instructional minutes, not including staff development waivers
- Add up to 30 additional days of instruction in addition to the 180 instructional days in its regular academic calendar
- Have a certified teacher deliver at least two hours of instruction on designated ADSY days
- Include ADSY days separate from the regular instructional calendar days (e.g., ADSY days cannot be hosted in the second part of a regular instructional day)
More information on the implementation of ADSY can be found in the ADSY HB 3 in 30 webinar recordings below and in the ADSY FAQs.
Statute language can be found at this link: TEC Sec. 48.0051.
Campus Participating: Menchaca Early Childhood Center
( San Antonio, TX) – ADSY is an awarded grant from the Texas Education Agency (TEA) and funded through the United States Department of Education. The grant gives us the opportunity to support early child development which encompasses the focus of the whole child with the foundation of learning, behavior, and health. The experiences children […]