What does PBIS look like on a school campus?
- Schools will identify and post expectations in specific settings used to teach students the appropriate behavior. Southside ISD Expectations: Be Safe, Be Respectful, Be Responsible
- Staff are able to state and use the expectations and interpret them uniformly.
- Students are taught the expectations at the beginning of the year and then reviewed throughout the school year.
- Appropriate behaviors are reinforced. Teachers know which behaviors to manage in class and which behaviors school administration will manage.
- Decisions regarding students are based upon data
- Each campus has an acknowledgement system that may include tickets that students earn for exhibiting taught expectations.
- Assemblies are held to acknowledge positive behavior and develop positive school climate.
- Signs, banners and posters are hung around the school campus to post expectations and give opportunities to review and reteach when necessary.
- The school climate feels positive and encouraging.