A Certification Support Stipend of $200 will be offered to teachers who successfully complete their ESL or Bilingual Supplemental Certification through the SBOE and are servicing English Learners by helping them improve their language and academic achievement. All Certification Support Stipends will be paid by August of the following school year in which the certification is obtained and recorded on the individuals SBOE record of certifications.
Critical and Hard to find specialty certifications:
The following certifications are designated as critical and hard to find certifications.
- English as a Second Language Supplemental (154)
- Bilingual Education Supplemental (164) &
- Bilingual Target Language Proficiency Test (BTLPT) – Spanish (190)
- SISD teachers should complete and submit this Certification Support Reimbursement Application Form upon deciding to obtain any of the above mentioned certifications.
- Upon passing the test teachers must apply for the certificate and show evidence of the certification being placed on their SBOE official record of Educator certificates.
- Teachers will turn in a copy of the updated SBOE official record reflecting applicable certification, all receipts for materials and fees associated with obtaining the specialty certification to Bilingual Department : ATTENTION: Adriana Bermea