The state has added a new component to its accountability system: evaluating Texas school districts and individual campuses on how well they engage the community and students.
The following factors were used in evaluating SISD’s performance in community and student engagement:
- Fine arts;
- Wellness and physical education;
- Community and parental involvement;
- 21st Century Workforce Development program;
- Second language acquisition program;
- Digital learning environment;
- Dropout prevention strategies; and
- Educational programs for gifted and talented students.