Southside ISD is introducing STEAM Academies on each of our campuses, the presentation was proposed to our board during the May 20 – Board Meeting. STEAM is an educational approach to learning that uses Science, Technology, Engineering, the Arts, and Mathematics as access points for guiding student inquiry, dialogue, and critical thinking. The end results are students who take thoughtful risks, engage in experiential learning, persist in problem-solving.
Benefits of STEAM
- Teaches problem-solving and computational thinking across contents
- Prepares students for advanced courses in high school
- Readies our students for post-secondary college and careers
- Students are able to earn certifications in many different fields before they graduate.
- Will provide students with the skills needed to be competitive in our global society.