Four San Antonio businesses were honored by the Southside Independent School District Board of Managers and Superintendent Mark E. Eads on August 15, 2019. The four companies were honored by the Texas Association of School Boards.
The companies honored include:
- Stephens Roofing
- SA Freight International Inc.
- SAVE Clinic-San Antonio Vascular and Endovascular Clinic
The Texas Association of School Boards writes, “Texas public schools have benefited tremendously from the generous support of businesses and organizations in their community. Whether they choose to champion the marching band, a vocational class, a whole school, or the entire district, local businesses and community groups and vitally important to the success of public school children in our state.”
Southside ISD expresses its appreciation by recognizing companies in our community that contribute valuable support to our district.
- Stephens Roofing-donated a half ton of food to the Kym Rapier Food Pantry, purchased meals for 33 Pearce Elementary students with perfect attendance, and bought a shed and all the supplies needed for a Matthey Middle School science teacher to begin a classroom garden science project.
- SA Freight International Inc.-has adopted a 4th grade class at Heritage Elementary and has purchased school supplies for the entire class and regularly holds parties to celebrate holidays.
- SAVE Clinic-sponsored the Wellness Extravaganza and is looking to expand its reach in the district.
- Amerigroup-sponsored back-to-school backpacks, t-shirts for Heroes for Health, and regularly sponsors the district’s Summer Movie Nights.