On Thursday February 15 parents and students of all 8th thru 11th graders (including kids in general ed./mainstream and sped – all levels) plus 12th grade students who receive Special Ed Servicesare invited to attend Special Education/(Career & Technical Education) CTE Symposium, Showcase, and Resource Fair. Come tour our facility and CTE/Career Courses offered at Southside HS. Visit with many outside agencies and organizations.
The event takes place Thursday, February 15, 2018 5:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. Southside HS – in the CTE Buildings.
(300, 700, Print Shop A113, A114 – A117 (in between Main Building and ACES)
“Breakout Sessions” – AACOG, Guardianship, and TX Workforce Solutions (formerly DARS) – Held in Special Education Portable NP1000
- Texas Workforce Solutions
- AACOG (agency for people with Intellectual Disabilities and Autism)
- Palo Alto College Disability Support Services Office
- Project Access (College program for Persons with an Intellectual Disability)
- Alamo Workforce Solutions Youth Division
- Gary Job Corps
- and many more…
CTE (Career & Technical Education):
- Arts, IT, Audio Video & Printing
- Culinary Arts/Hospitality
- Agricultural Science/ FFA
- Auto Mechanics
- Welding and Manufacturing
- Health Science Technology
- Criminal Justice
- Education and Training
For questions, please call Gary Hiett Transition Coordinator, Special Education Department at (210) 882-1600; Ext. 5166 or contact Mrs. Lynn Hernandez CTE STEM Coordinator at (210) 882-1600, Ext. 7102.